DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM | TREKKING SALKANTAY TO MACHUPICCHU 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
DAY 1 CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA | TREKKING SALKANTAY
We will leave the city of Cusco at approximately 4:00 am, passing by the villages of Izcuchaca and Limatambo until we arrive in Mollepata, where we will be at roughly 6:30. Here you will have 30 minutes of free time so you can buy yourself a breakfast. Afterwards we will start our walk, stopping in Cruzpata to have lunch. We will continue heading towards Soraypampa, where our first encampment will be.
DAY 2 SORAYPAMPA – CHAULLAY | TREKKING SALKANTAY
After breakfast we will continue our walk, wandering through the entire Collpabamba valley, where we will have lunch. This will be the most wearing day because we will be walking for approximately 9 hours. We will continue the trek by entering the jungle, where we will enjoy river formations, which then become tributaries of the river Urubamba, a wide variety of orchids and other wonders of the nature. Around sunset we will arrive at Chaullay, where we will spend the night.
DAY 3 CHAULLAY – PLAYA SAHUAYACO – AGUAS CALIENTES | TREKKING SALKANTAY
After breakfast we will leave at 7:00 am and walk for 5 hours. We will have a look at the village called Collpabamba; this region is called cloudy forest, where we will observe waterfalls, fruit trees and a variety of flowers until we arrive at the region that is called La Playa. Here we will have lunch. Later we will board a transport to the station of Hidroeléctrica, where we will have some minutes of rest and then we will continue walking for approximately 2 and a half hours until we arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes. Here we will have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 4 MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO | TREKKING SALKANTAY
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit Huaynapicchu, Inti Punku, the moon temple or the rest of the citadel. In the afternoon we will return to the village of Aguas Calientes depending on the schedule of our train, which you will learn to know once you finished your reservation at our company.
- Transport Cusco – Mollepata.
- Transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- 03x breakfast, 03x lunch, 03x dinner.
- Horses (they carry the camping equipment, the food and 5 kilos of baggage for 3 days).
- Camping equipment.
- Entry ticket to Machupicchu.
- 01 night in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Return train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Bus up to/down from Machupicchu.
- Transfer Playa Sahuayaco – Hidroeléctrica (USD 20.00 per person).
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (optional USD 35.00 per person).
- Entry to Huaynapicchu and/or mountain (add USD. 20.00 per person).
- Sleeping bag (rental price USD 20.00 for 4 days).
- Extra carrier (USD 130.00 for 4 days – carries 10 kilos).
- Entry to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (price USD 4.00).
- Water, extra services and expenses.
WE RECOMMAND BRINGING:
• Personal medicational kit (bandaids, cotton, bandages, alcohol, aspirina, tablets for stomach problems, medicines to avoid stomach sickness).
• Hiking shoes.
• Sleeping bag.
• Walking stick with rubber rounded tip.
• Hat or cap.
• Long-sleeved shirt.
• Water bottle.
• Lamp and batteries.
• Long pants.
• Insecr repellent, “Off verde” advisable.
• Backpack (aprox. 50 to 70 liters) for treks.
• Toilet paper and towel.
• Swimwear, should you plan on visiting the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
• Extra money for tips (optional).