Important information of Machu Picchu | Sanctuary of Machupicchu
- Machu Picchu altitude feet: 7.972 ft
- Machu Picchu definition: Means Old Mountain.
- Best time to go to Machu Picchu: It is recommended to visit Machu Picchu in the months of May, June, July, August, September and october.
- Machu Picchu is one of the 7 wonders of the world
- History of Machu Picchu
DAY 1: EXCURSION TO THE SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
After breakfast we will pick you up from your hotel to start the daytrip to “The Sacred Valley of the Incas”. You will visit the scenic village of Pisac and its colorful craft fair. Around noon we will be having buffet lunch at a touristic restaurant.
In the afternoon we continue our trip to the village and Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo, a giant administrative, agricultural, civil, military and religious complex in times of Tawantinsuyo.
In the evening at approximately 19:00 we will embark on the train destined for Aguas Calientes, where our representative will be awaiting your arrival to accommodate you in your hotel.
At roughly 21:00 our guide will come to your hotel and inform you about the tour on the next day.
Overnight stay in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: EXCURSION SANCTUARY OF MACHUPICCHU… ENJOYING THE SUNRISE ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN…!!!
At 5:30 we will take the bus to drive up 400 meters of altitude in a zigzag road. After roughly 30 minutes we will arrive at the amazing Wonder of The World “Sanctuary of Machupicchu”, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”, where we can enjoy the sunrise of Machupicchu.
In the Sanctuary of Machupicchu we will start our guided tour, visiting the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Holy Solar Watch, the Royal Quarters, and the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries, altogether generally taking more than two hours.
Afterwards you will have free time to take a walk around the vicinity. Later we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch in one of the various restaurants.
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Poroy and when you arrive there, we will be waiting for you at the train station to drive you back to Cusco.
• Train ticket in the Expedition Service: arrival and departure to/from Machupicchu.
• Professional tourist guide in shared service (English – Spanish).
• Bus ticket from and to Machupicchu.
• Entry ticket to the archaeological site of Machupicchu.
• Transfers hotel – train station – hotel.
• Permanent assistance 24/7.
• 01 night of accommodation in your selected hotel in Aguas Calientes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Repellent for mosquitos, sunblocker.
- Hat and long-sleeved polo shirts.
- Swimwear, shorts, towel, sandals if you want to visit the hot springs.
- Personal water bottle and snack.
- Camera, etc.