DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM | MACHUPICCHU BY CAR 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
DAY 1 CUSCO – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After you had breakfast in you hotel we will pick you up at approximately 7:00 am. We will start our journey from Cusco to the scenic village of Ollantaytambo, where we will have a short break of more or less 20 minutes. From here we will continue our travel over a large, serpentine path until we arrive at Abra de Málaga, that is located at a height of 4316 meters above sea level. Here we can enjoy an impressive view of the landscapes that Perú has to offer. Then we will start to descend to the thick forest, passing by different micro-climas, that combine the heavenly landscape of majestic snow-covered summits with the hot entrance to the tropical jungle of Cusco. We will arrive at the village of Santa Teresa at approximately 13:00 pm and enjoy a delicious lunch there, afterwards we will head towards the station of Hidroeléctrica, where we will arrive at roughly 15:00 pm. The train tracks will lead us to the village of Aguas Calientes in a walk of about two and a half hours (optional: train from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes). In Aguas Calientes your professional guide will be waiting for you and accommodate you in your respective hostels. In the evening dinner and explanation about the excursion on the next day.
DAY 2 SUNRISE IN MACHUPICCHU
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit Huaynapicchu, Inti Punku or the rest of the citadel. At preferred time return to Aguas Calientes, where you will spend you second night and where you can enjoy the hot springs.
DAY 3 RETURN TO CUSCO
After a well-earned rest you will have your last chance to have a walk in the small village of Aguas Calientes, for we will start walking back to the station of Hidroeléctrica at approximately 11:00 am. Here you will have to be present at 14:00 pm; our unit will be waiting for you to transport you back to the city of Cusco. Arrival at roughly 21:00 pm.
- Service of bilingual guide in the citadel of Machupicchu.
- Transport Cusco – Hidroeléctrica – Cusco.
- Entry to the citadel of Machupicchu.
- 01 lunch, 01 dinner; 01 lunch box.
- 02 nights of accommodation in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus up to/down from Machupicchu.
- Entry to Huaynapicchu and/or mountain (add USD. 20.00 per person).
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (optional, USD 35.00 per person).
- Entry to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (price USD 4.00).
- Food for the second day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Repellent for mosquitos, sunblocker.
- Hat and long-sleeved polo shirts.
- Swimwear, shorts, towel, sandals if you want to visit the hot springs.
- Lantern/lamp if you want to walk up to Machupicchu, poncho for rain.
- Personal water bottle and snack.
- Camera, etc.
- The accommodation in the hostel will primarily be double- and multiple-rooms.