DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM
DAY 1 CUSCO – ABRA DE MALAGA – SANTA TERESA
We will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 7:00 am and head towards Sacred Valley, from where we will start walking up the Abra de Málaga (4320 meters above sea level); then we will start the adventure of descending from the mountain by bike for about 4 hours, driving 65 kilometers until arriving at Huyro at a height of 1750 meters above sea level. On this trip we will be able to catch sight of the snowy La Verónica (5316 meters above sea level) and waterfalls until we finally enter the jungle landscape full of animals and local fruits of this zone. Once we arrived at the village of Santa Maria we will take a transport to the village of Santa Teresa, where we will spend the night.
DAY 2 SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, the journey to Machupicchu will be full of nature, adventure and adrenaline. The convenient feature of this day is, that how pleasant the climate is, ranging from 25 to 30°C. This convenience might however change during the day, as we walk for 5 hours over hanging bridges used by the locals. We will arrive at the station of Hidroeléctrica, from where we will continue walking along the train tracks until we finally arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes. Overnight in a very comfortable hostel.
Optional: Zip Line in the morning.
DAY 3 AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit Huaynapicchu, Inti Punku, the moon temple or the rest of the citadel. In the afternoon we will return to the village of Aguas Calientes depending on the schedule of our train, which you will learn to know once you finished your reservation at our company.
- Transport Cusco – Abra Málaga.
- Transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Professional, bilingual guide.
- Basic hostel in Santa Teresa.
- 01 night in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- 02x breakfast, 02x lunch and 02x dinner.
- Entry to the citadel of Machupicchu.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Bus up to/down from Machupicchu.
- Entry to Huaynapicchu and/or Montaña (add USD. 20.00 per person).
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (optional, USD 35.00 per person).
- Entry to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (price USD 4.00).
- Optional activity: Zipline (price USD 25.00).
- Extras and tips.
What you have to bring with you:
- Mosquito repellent.
- Shorts, long-sleeved shirt, cap, sunglasses.
- Sunscreen 30 SPF or more.
- Water bottle.
- Extra money.