DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM | ADVENTURE INCA JUNGLE – MACHUPICCHU 4 DAYS
DAY 1 CUSCO – ABRA DE MALAGA – SANTA MARIA | INCA JUNGLE
We will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 7:00 am and head towards Sacred Valley, from where we will start walking up the Abra de Málaga (4320 meters above sea level); then we will start the adventure of descending from the mountain by bike for about 4 hours, driving 65 kilometers until arriving at Huyro at a height of 1750 meters above sea level. On this trip we will be able to catch sight of the snowy La Verónica (5316 meters above sea level) and waterfalls until we finally enter the jungle landscape full of animals and local fruits of this zone. On arrival at our lodging we will enjoy dinner, then our guide will start talking about the trekking on the following day.
Optional: River Rafting in the afternoon.
DAY 2 SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA
After a good breakfast our walk of approximately 7 hours will begin; between the ascents and descents the most interesting about this day will be that we will cross the part of the Inka Trail, that is perfectly conserved. An adventure for itself in the middle of the jungle, surrounded nature, full of vegetation, orchids, fruit trees, rivers and exotic animals of the region that make us live an unforgettable experience. Also, a heartwarming bath won’t be missed during the trip either: there are the hot springs of Cocalmayu, and not much later we will arrive at Santa Teresa (1650 meters above sea level). Here you will spend the night.
Optional: Local transport Cocalmayu – Santa Teresa.
DAY 3 SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, the journey to Machupicchu will be full of nature, adventure and adrenaline. The convenient feature of this day is, that how pleasant the climate is, ranging from 25 to 30°C. This convenience might however change during the day, as we walk for 5 hours over hanging bridges used by the locals. We will arrive at the station of Hidroeléctrica, from where we will continue walking along the train tracks until we finally arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes. Overnight in a very comfortable hostel.
Optional: Zip Line in the morning.
DAY 4 AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit Huaynapicchu, Inti Punku, the moon temple or the rest of the citadel. In the afternoon we will return to the village of Aguas Calientes depending on the schedule of our train, which you will learn to know once you finished your reservation at our company.
- Transport Cusco – Abra Málaga.
- Transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Professional, bilingual guide.
- Basic lodging in Santa María and Santa Teresa.
- 01 in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- 03x breakfast, 03x lunch and 03x dinner.
- Entry to the citadel of Machupicchu.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Bus up to/down from Machupicchu.
- Transfer Playa Sahuayaco – Hidroeléctrica (USD 20.00 per person).
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (optional USD 35.00 per person).
- Entry to Huaynapicchu and/or mountain (add USD. 20.00 per person).
- Sleeping bag (rental price USD 20.00 for 4 days).
- Extra carrier (USD 130.00 for 4 days – carries 10 kilos).
- Entry to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (price USD 4.00).
- Water, extra services and expenses.
What you have to bring with you:
- Mosquito repellent.
- Shorts, long-sleeved shirt, cap, sunglasses.
- Sunscreen 30 SPF or more.
- Water bottle.
- Extra money.