DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM | SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU
DAY 1 CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA
We will leave the city of Cusco at approximately 4:00 am, passing by the villages of Izcuchaca and Limatambo until we arrive in Mollepata, where we will be at roughly 6:30. Here you will have 30 minutes of free time so you can buy yourself a breakfast. Afterwards we will start our walk, stopping in Cruzpata to have lunch. We will continue heading towards Soraypampa, where our first encampment will be.
DAY 2 SORAYPAMPA – CHAULLAY
After breakfast we will continue our walk, wandering through the entire Collpabamba valley, where we will have lunch. This will be the most wearing day because we will be walking for approximately 9 hours. We will continue the trek by entering the jungle, where we will enjoy river formations, which then become tributaries of the river Urubamba, a wide variety of orchids and other wonders of the nature. Around sunset we will arrive at Chaullay, where we will spend the night.
DAY 3 CHAULLAY – PLAYA SAHUAYACO – SANTA TERESA
After a hearty breakfast we will start our walk on which we can appreciate plantations of coca, considered the sacred leaf of our ancestors, which is now grown in the tropical zones. This last section of the path will descend to Playa Sahuayaco and from there towards Santa Teresa, where we will spend the night.
DAY 4 SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
The sunrise will happen in a tropical zone full of history and nature, our breakfast will be ready to enjoy and then we will continue our trip to the village of Machupicchu. To arrive there will take us more or less 7 hours, passing by the known center of rest in Hidroeléctrica and making stops at different places to simply enjoy the landscapes full of stunning waterfalls, which come from glaciers. In the afternoon we will arrive at the village popularly known as Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hostel at the foot of the Inca citadel of Machupicchu.
DAY 5 MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit Huaynapicchu, Inti Punku, the moon temple or the rest of the citadel. In the afternoon we will return to the village of Aguas Calientes depending on the schedule of our train, which you will learn to know once you finished your reservation at our company.
- Transport Cusco – Mollepata.
- Transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Professional, bilingual guide (spanish and english).
- 04x breakfast, 04x lunch, 04x dinner.
- Horses (they carry the camping equipment, the food and 5 kilos of baggage for 3 days).
- Camping equipment.
- Entry ticket to Machupicchu.
- 01 night in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Return train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Bus up to/down from Machupicchu.
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (optional, USD 35.00 per person).
- Entry to Huaynapicchu and/or mountain (add USD. 15.00 per person).
- Sleeping bag (rental price USD 20.00 for 4 days).
- Extra carrier (USD 130.00 for 4 days – carries 10 kilo).
- Entry to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (price USD 4.00).
- Water, extra services and expenses.